Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moment of Glory Reconstructed

PROGRAM INTRODUCTION


1970, Yin performed the piano concerto Yellow River .

The pounding sounds from his piano keys have evoked revolution passion for the countless Chinese people.

Half a century later, the first performers of the two masterpieces meet on the stage in Taiwan.

It is not just an encounter of two masters after 50 years, but also possibly the last performance before Yu seals her violin.

Two masters, true classics, the costar of Yu and Yin guarantees an unforeseen and unrepeatable music event.



PROGRAM


LIANG-HUI LU: TCO 30th Anniversary Commission, World Premiere

ZHANHO HE, GANG CHEN: Concerto for Violin and Chinese Orchestra Butterfly Lovers

YELLOW RIVER COMPOSERS' COMMITTEE: Piano Concerto Yellow River

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     The concerts will perform on this weekend, we rehearsed with two masters today. Both they can being a grandma and a grandpa, I mean, they are really old. The violinist is almost 70 years old, and the pianist is too. They were breathless when they played somewhere excited, it really made me nervous.
     Although their technique are not so fast or accurate, their interpretation are still excellent and moving. When I saw the expression in their eyes during the rehearsing, I can feel the emotions they conveyed, sometimes it was plaintive, and sometimes it can be resolute. I was much moved by their music, not only the sound, but also their attitude to music and life. Hope I can play liuqin during my whole lifetime, just as they are. But~ I do not consider that I can make it. It is toooooooooo difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment